What you need:
A flanera or a cookie tin.
For the caramel:
1/2 cup sugar and Patience!
For the Quesillo mix:
1 Can Condensed Milk can (La Lechere preferably. They are not sponsoring this post! It just taste better w/ this brand)
1 Can Evaporated Milk
Rum or Tequila or Sotol (optional)
Pour the sugar on the flanera and melt it. I say you need patience because this has ben the trickiest part for me – melt at low heat. Don’t let the caramel burn.
Once the caramel is done, coat the flanera.
When caramel has cooled down place all other ingredients in a blender.
Pour mix into the flanera.
If you have left over mix pour into ramekins and cover with Reynolds wrap.
Cook in the oven in a bain-marie for 45 minutes.
Let it cool completely before taking out of the mold! (This is really the hardest part!)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
No related posts.
What’s a Guayoyo?
= n. In Venezuela a slightly watered down black coffee. Commonly served after meals and a great companion to conversations.
Go Pink, Have a Guayoyo