The parental units are in town for my sister’s wedding. Last week was hectic and I can tell next week will be a blur, there will be wedding stuff, son stuff, house stuff and a lot of work stuff. Today I have to go buy shoes (I know!), take the dress to be altered (yes, the one I bought back in May), get shoes for my son and get my husband something to wear. Plus my Grandmother needs to buy a dress and my Mom wants to spend every waking moment with my son (which makes total sense, she only gets to see him once or twice a year). And then next Saturday my sister gets married. I think, no, I am 100% sure she will make a gorgeous bride. A couple of weeks ago I went with her to her fitting and I could tell she loved her dress and how much she wants this day. On the other hand I was going kinda crazy with so many white dresses around me. Its like that time when she got a gift card and was all excited screaming “MAC! MAC! MAC!” and I was like “Cool, the Apple Store!!!” and she said “NO! the cosmetics.” I still laugh at that. Growing up I wanted to be like my sister, I wanted to be my sister because my sister with all her imperfections and quirks to me is simply perfect. I want her to know she is whole, she is complete, in her power – her intelligence – her resoluteness – her own decision making – her planning – her control freakness she is loved. She is loved by us, her totally crazy wacky family that might drive her bonkers but would turn the world around for her. By us three she is adored just as she is. And if you ask me, anyone she decides to allow in her life is the lucky one.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
* Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
* Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
* Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
* Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
* Link up your post at All.Things.Fadra.
* Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
No related posts.
What’s a Guayoyo?
= n. In Venezuela a slightly watered down black coffee. Commonly served after meals and a great companion to conversations.
Go Pink, Have a Guayoyo